Defective Medical Devices and Implants
* da Vinci surgical robot
* Metal-on-metal hip implants
* Zimmer NexGen Knee Implants
* Mirena intrauterine device (IUD) – Organ perforation, devise migration, device embedment, pelvic inflammatory disease, and sepsis.
* Transvaginal mesh, TVT Tape, and bladder slings – these devices have all been linked to chronic infections, erosion through vaginal wall erosion, and painful intercourse. Some manufacturers that have been held liable include Mentor, Bard, J&J/Ethicon, AMS, Boston Scientific, and Coloplast.
* IVC filter manufactured and sold as the Bard Recovery filter, the Bard G2 filter, the Bard Express filter, the Cook Günther filter, and the Cook Celect filter. Plaintiffs alleged claims of negligence, design defects, manufacturing defects, failure to warn, breach of implied warranty, and negligent misrepresentation on the part of the above companies and their various subsidiaries.
Listed above are only some of the defective medical devices and implants that we here at the Law Offices of William C. Bibb have investigated and litigated over the years. If you or a loved one were injured by a defective medical device or implants, I can help you prove your claim and achieve the compensation that you deserve. We often work with other major plaintiff law firms on these cases.
Many technical and financial resources are necessary in cases involving defective medical devices, because the process of holding medical manufacturers and corporations responsible for their negligence can be quite complex. That is why my law firm works with an entire network of other qualified firms specializing in medical device liability in order to provide you with the best representation and financial outcome possible – be it through settlement or litigation.
Defective medical device litigation often involves the overlapping of product liability and medical malpractice law. As a result, having a strong professional background in medical-legal issues is crucial to properly reviewing medical records, selecting the appropriate expert witnesses, and dealing with large corporations and medical manufacturers.